The Inmate Discussion Questions
- How does Brooke's personal connection to Shane Nelson impact her role as a nurse practitioner in the maximum-security prison?
- Explore the ethical implications of Brooke breaking the rules and maintaining an intimate connection with an inmate. How does this compromise her professional integrity?
- Discuss the challenges and potential dangers of working in a men's maximum-security prison as a nurse practitioner. How do the rules set by the institution affect the dynamics between staff and inmates?
- How does the knowledge of Brooke's past relationship with Shane Nelson influence their interactions within the prison?
- Should Brooke have told Shane that he was the father of her child?
- Discuss the potential conflict between Brooke's personal feelings and her professional responsibilities. How does she navigate the fine line between empathy and maintaining appropriate boundaries with inmates?
- Explore the theme of redemption and forgiveness in the context of Brooke and Shane's relationship. Can Brooke find a way to reconcile her past with her present role as a nurse practitioner?
- Discuss the potential consequences of Brooke's secret being revealed. How might it affect her professional reputation, her safety, and the overall dynamics within the prison?